The Data Science Initative at Chico State and the Chico R Users Group are hosting bi-weekly work sessions and tutorial sessions for the entire campus and Chico community.
Spring 18: Tuesday & Thursday 2-3:50 Meriam Library (MLIB) 442 (4th floor, directly left out of elevators).
- We will be planning a few introductory workshops on topics such as R, Python, Git
- And a few advanced workshops on creating academic webpages with R Markdown, and an introduction to Bayesian Methods for statistical analysis.
- Do you have a request for a specialized workshop topic? Contact us to start the discussion.
Community Coding Sessions
- On days when no talks or workshops are scheduled the room will be open for Community Coding.
- This open work session provides a helpful and friendly working environment where you can code, ask questions or discuss ideas related to R, Python, Data Science, or more generally data visualization and analysis.
- We invite you to bring your Data Science and coding questions, data, and projects. Just need a place to work on stats/CS homework? You’re invited too!
- On most days Robin Donatello (STAT) or Edward Roualdes (STAT) will be present. Other members of the DSI may drop in on occasion.